Sec. 71-3-115. Appointment of medical advisory board
(1) The Mississippi Workers' Compensation Commission shall appoint a medical advisory board to serve in an advisory capacity to study the possibility of the use of a medical fee schedule and to provide assistance to the commission in the performance of its functions relating to regulation of medical fees and charges pursuant to Section 71-3-15(3), Mississippi Code of 1972.
(2) Such board shall consist of five (5) members, one (1)appointed from each congressional district as they existed on January 1, 1985. Members of the board shall serve at the will and pleasure of the commission. All members of the medical advisory board shall be health care providers.
(3) Such board shall meet upon the call of the chairman of the Mississippi Workers' Compensation Commission. The board shall receive per diem and mileage as authorized by Section 25-3-69, Mississippi Code of 1972, for attendance at called meetings to be paid from the administrative expense fund as provided in Section 71-3-97, Mississippi Code of 1972.
(4) The Mississippi Workers' Compensation Commission shall provide all office space and clerical assistance that might be required by the board.
(5) The Workers' Compensation Commission shall file a report with the Secretary of the Senate and the Clerk of the House of Representatives not later than December 15, 1987, concerning the result of the medical fee schedule study, together with any recommendations that the commission may consider necessary in regard to the regulation of medical fees and other costs. Such report shall contain any available comparative data generated by the commission or the medical advisory board.